HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The build

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
NorySS
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The build   April 27th 2009, 10:54 pm

V6Chris wrote:
NorySS wrote:
be careful to never run that car with anything else than 1/2 a tank of gas.

using ford GT pumps? they are the dig-a-diddy-bomb-y0!

1/2 a tank.....
ive been assured im fine at a 1/4 unless im making a hard turn and flooring it

V6 tanks have almost 0 baffling.

And adding a 2nd pump, helps but when the gas gets low, they actually fight each other, and make this swirl thing like a toilet, and catch air. Hence the reason.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   April 28th 2009, 8:21 pm

NorySS wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
NorySS wrote:
be careful to never run that car with anything else than 1/2 a tank of gas.

using ford GT pumps? they are the dig-a-diddy-bomb-y0!

1/2 a tank.....
ive been assured im fine at a 1/4 unless im making a hard turn and flooring it

V6 tanks have almost 0 baffling.

And adding a 2nd pump, helps but when the gas gets low, they actually fight each other, and make this swirl thing like a toilet, and catch air. Hence the reason.

the V6 tank is the exact same as a GT
which is where i got the info from
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   May 3rd 2009, 5:31 pm

here are some pictures of the carnage

looks just like my old tranny just a different gear






Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   May 3rd 2009, 5:36 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
NorySS
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The build   May 3rd 2009, 9:47 pm

yeah,

I had a buddy named mundy that had a twin turbo V6 stang that made 375-425RWHP 4 years ago,IIRC. He kept grenading transmissions just like you are.

He finally went with a ProMotion trans I THINK. I dont rememebr the name off the top of my name.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   May 4th 2009, 8:47 pm

that trans in the picture is a fully built 600hp rated promotion tranny
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   May 10th 2009, 6:31 pm

got in a fight with the curb
the curb won


Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
NorySS
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The build   May 10th 2009, 8:18 pm

errrr... you got some bad mojo following you dude.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 19th 2009, 11:54 pm

Car is sitting again. spun a rod bearing.
got a new car so I'am re-doing the motor exactly how I want it
I was considering dropping a stock bottom end motor but time, money and availibility will tell if i drop a stock bottom and look for 500rwhp on race gas
or built bottom all out and race gas with XXXrwhp Very Happy
cant say just yet


anyway car previously on (93)pump made 497rwhp and 508rwtq @15psi

only thing going on with it now is selling parts and taking off parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Italianjoe1
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 20th 2009, 3:45 am

Ouch. I was wondering what ever became of this car, haven't seen it out there since way back when I had the Cobalt and it wasn't running right IIRC.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3512
Location : ON A STREET NEAR YOU
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 20th 2009, 7:45 am

popcorn

_________________
   Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool I'TS ONLY A 3.0 WITH A LITTLE TURBO  Cool  Cool  Cool  CoolCRUSH HAS GOT YOU COVERED.....
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 20th 2009, 10:24 pm

Italianjoe1 wrote:
Ouch. I was wondering what ever became of this car, haven't seen it out there since way back when I had the Cobalt and it wasn't running right IIRC.
lol yeah that was 10psi and like 400rwhp 380rwtq
later i went to 12psi and 100octane then blew a piston ring, built the motor 15psi and pump made some decent numbers then spun a bearing Evil or Very Mad

so now that ive got a daily time to build it the way i really want to Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Italianjoe1
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 20th 2009, 11:39 pm

V6Chris wrote:
Italianjoe1 wrote:
Ouch. I was wondering what ever became of this car, haven't seen it out there since way back when I had the Cobalt and it wasn't running right IIRC.
lol yeah that was 10psi and like 400rwhp 380rwtq
later i went to 12psi and 100octane then blew a piston ring, built the motor 15psi and pump made some decent numbers then spun a bearing Evil or Very Mad

so now that ive got a daily time to build it the way i really want to Cool

Next build I do is gonna be my truck, I need a break from Cobalt motors for a bit. Mine's been gone, and i've built two since then...

What caused the bearing issue, oil failure or torque problem?
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 22nd 2009, 12:36 pm

Italianjoe1 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
Italianjoe1 wrote:
Ouch. I was wondering what ever became of this car, haven't seen it out there since way back when I had the Cobalt and it wasn't running right IIRC.
lol yeah that was 10psi and like 400rwhp 380rwtq
later i went to 12psi and 100octane then blew a piston ring, built the motor 15psi and pump made some decent numbers then spun a bearing Evil or Very Mad

so now that ive got a daily time to build it the way i really want to Cool

Next build I do is gonna be my truck, I need a break from Cobalt motors for a bit. Mine's been gone, and i've built two since then...

What caused the bearing issue, oil failure or torque problem?

oil return hose is gravity fed on my car
and it had an uphill climb i guess i didnt notice. never the less it burned oil i guess more then i thought. I'd catch some burning but it wasnt enough smoke to make me think a rediculous amount of oil was missing.
I drain the oil when i heard the knock and there was about 2 quarts of oil in the entire motor Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Fam0uz
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 294
Age : 31
Location : Miami
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 22nd 2009, 12:52 pm

ohhh shiit that suck big time
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 22nd 2009, 12:55 pm

Fam0uz wrote:
ohhh shiit that suck big time

yeah, I needed a daily anyway so I guess its sorta good..=/ still gonna cost a couple hundred though to get things running back to old way. but Im going to spend the extra cash this time and get what I really wanted
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Tiger.T
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 70
Age : 32
Location : Davie
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 22nd 2009, 2:09 pm

V6Chris wrote:
Fam0uz wrote:
ohhh shiit that suck big time

yeah, I needed a daily anyway so I guess its sorta good..=/ still gonna cost a couple hundred though to get things running back to old way. but Im going to spend the extra cash this time and get what I really wanted
which would be???
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1588
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 22nd 2009, 6:10 pm

nice cheers
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 31st 2009, 1:06 am

Tiger.T wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
Fam0uz wrote:
ohhh shiit that suck big time

yeah, I needed a daily anyway so I guess its sorta good..=/ still gonna cost a couple hundred though to get things running back to old way. but Im going to spend the extra cash this time and get what I really wanted
which would be???
if i told you...i'd have to lol jk

just a v6 lol!
nothing special here
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   July 31st 2009, 1:07 am

gsr interga wrote:
nice cheers

lol glad you saw the thread. thats why i never explained the car. when you hear about a v6 mustang its more just oh...cant be fast
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3512
Location : ON A STREET NEAR YOU
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   August 1st 2009, 1:59 pm

cheers

_________________
   Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool I'TS ONLY A 3.0 WITH A LITTLE TURBO  Cool  Cool  Cool  CoolCRUSH HAS GOT YOU COVERED.....
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   August 3rd 2009, 8:53 pm

called around and did some pricing on the newer setup. looks like Oct/nov is when she'll be out. unless I throw in a stock motor. still looking at a list of options.

shooting for about 4 different things never done on these sixers
also theres a 2010 V6 mustang Challenge in march i think

basically looking to embarrass any and all competition especially DELK PERFORMANCE!

for those who do not know DELK has a HORRIBLE name with basically any kind of motor building let alone sixers. They've been known to basically fuck up anything they touch except their own cars.

they have a high 9second V6 I will be calling out to a street race.
if not the track is no problem
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
MrEJay-1
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 782
Age : 34
Location : Fl
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The build   August 3rd 2009, 9:32 pm

cheers good shit homie! got a promotion at work so i as well should be coming out within the next few months!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The build   August 4th 2009, 6:28 pm

MrEJay-1 wrote:
cheers good shit homie! got a promotion at work so i as well should be coming out within the next few months!



NICE BET THAT WILL HELP YOU
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The build   August 4th 2009, 6:29 pm

V6Chris wrote:
gsr interga wrote:
nice cheers

lol glad you saw the thread. thats why i never explained the car. when you hear about a v6 mustang its more just oh...cant be fast



IM SAYIN WHO MAKES A V6 FAST? scratch lol! JK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The build   

Back to top Go down
 
The build
Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Custom Chassis Build Thread
» How can i build a dullie tractor?
» Simplicity mild build
» My first build 2003 craftsman gt3000 23hp v-twin
» Design and build your own kayak!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS :: MEMBERS :: Members Rides-
Jump to: