Go down 
AuthorMessage
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: 2010 Prius(Review)   July 1st 2009, 4:13 am

As some of you know I traded in my 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid for a 2010 Toyota Prius. The Camry Hybrid is a excellent car but it averages around 34mpg, you'd expect more from a hybrid. The corolla gasoline version gets roughly the same mpg as the Camry Hybrid. I was never a big fan of the Prius, due to it being an ugly car and never actually driving one. I was offered to test drive the brand new 2010 Prius(new body style) and seeing that I had nothing to do I went for the hell of it. The Prius averages in the city 51mpg and on the highway 48mpg, significantly more then the Camry Hybrid. The car features a 1.8L engine a bump from the older Prius but smaller then the Camry Hybrid. But then I asked myself why would I want a motor that was bigger in a car designed to be fuel economic. Looking at the Prius and Camry side by side you'd assume the Prius had less cabin room but on the contrary the Prius has the same amount of leg room and an even larger trunk space due to the hatchback shape of the rear. The gear selector is so effortless. The back camera is nice also but when it rains the water drops can cause the lens to get blocked. The visibility is not so great on the Prius; the rear window is divided into two separate parts due to the rear spoiler that was added to reduce aerodynamic drag to improve fuel economy. On the car I have it features a solar panel roof and a Remote AC button. The solar Panel roof pulls out/in air to regulate temperature. The Key on a Prius features a Remote AC button that lets you turn the AC on when outside the car. The ride in the Prius is surprisingly smoother then the Camry Hybrid. Unlike the Camry the Prius has no gauges behind the steering wheel, everything is electronic(digital speedo). The blue on the 2010 Prius is a lot sportier then the dull blue on the older Prius. The best part of the car is the gasoline consumption. Getting 50mpg means that my 11.9 gallon tank will get me roughly 600mpg every time I fill up. Overall for a daily driver/beater I'd recommend the Prius over a Corolla/Scion/Fit or any other car in that category. The only real draw back besides the slight resemblances to a minivan is the price of the car. You can purchase a base Prius for 24grand but after you start adding options(leather/navi/sunroof) you quickly bring the bill over 30grand.

The picture features the upgraded 17inch wheels and the integrated fog lights(no solar roof/sunroof)
Back to top Go down
CARLITOEVO
Professional Street Racer

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Prius(Review)   July 1st 2009, 10:52 am

cheers felix but you still have the shelby scratch
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Prius(Review)   July 1st 2009, 11:24 am

CARLITOEVO wrote:
cheers felix but you still have the shelby scratch

Got rid of it also..was offered a nice amount...looking to get a Z down the road probably closer to winter when the prices on them drop.
Back to top Go down
CARLITOEVO

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Prius(Review)   July 1st 2009, 11:39 am

ohhh Surprised
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 2451

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Prius(Review)   July 2nd 2009, 8:22 am

You should contact Toyota, they might pay you for promoting their car!.... Rolling Eyes And $30,000 for a Prius, Fuck That!... affraid
Back to top Go down
CARLITOEVO

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Prius(Review)   July 2nd 2009, 10:34 am

SilverbeastSRT8 wrote:
You should contact Toyota, they might pay you for promoting their car!.... Rolling Eyes And $30,000 for a Prius, Fuck That!... affraid
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Prius(Review)   

Back to top Go down

2010 Prius(Review)
Page 1 of 1