HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FactoryFreak
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 10th 2013, 10:51 pm

V6Chris wrote:
Its not an argument at all, Chevy in 2013 did not hold a candle to Ford.
5.0 > SS
Shelby > ZL1
Focus ST > Cobalt SS
V6 stang > v6 maro

and as far as luxury, if its luxurious to look around in your brand new ZL1 and have 5 blind spots, know you purchased a slower car by FAR to its competitor, dont mind being slower with the same size wallet and ultimately being dominated in every category.....getting full bolt ons nitrous and race fuel and getting domlished by a bolt on GTR....
then yes by all means the ZL1 fits that person.



The Vette is in a completely different class then the Shelby and is no way nor has it ever been Mustangs competitor.


i would have to c this one
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 28
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 10th 2013, 11:10 pm

The new Focus is Turbo w/e small size motor
I considered getting one, but the price was just hardly cheaper then my GT, and i couldnt see myself driving it. took it for a test drive and that hoe has pep
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
fatboyyyy
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 394
Age : 23
Registration date : 2011-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 12:14 am

nosonyxcts-v wrote:
fatboyyyy wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Im calling out the ZL1 on 125 shot that Paul raced in this video

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


also calling out the BOSS302 from the last SK meet




This is probably more than i can chew but should be good runs, enough puppy kickin with hondas and sentras

I'm here with the owner and he says next week Thursday at our hangout

Owner of the ZL1 or Boss?? Either way I want to rerun Nomad

ZL1 owner
Back to top Go down
kachup
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer


Number of posts : 596
Age : 27
Location : Austin Texas/ Miami Fl
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 12:52 am

at the end of the day....First On Race Day what matter Cool
Back to top Go down
BrokenCool
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 2:48 am

And let me add the Shelby looks a hella of alot better then the ZL1 and I'm not being bias it's the truth
Back to top Go down
nosonyxcts-v
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 299
Location : SOUTH FLORIDA
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 11:20 am

V6Chris wrote:
Its not an argument at all, Chevy in 2013 did not hold a candle to Ford.
5.0 > SS
Shelby > ZL1
Focus ST > Cobalt SS
V6 stang > v6 maro

and as far as luxury, if its luxurious to look around in your brand new ZL1 and have 5 blind spots, know you purchased a slower car by FAR to its competitor, dont mind being slower with the same size wallet and ultimately being dominated in every category.....getting full bolt ons nitrous and race fuel and getting domlished by a bolt on GTR....
then yes by all means the ZL1 fits that person.



The Vette is in a completely different class then the Shelby and is no way nor has it ever been Mustangs competitor.

I never said the ZL1 was Luxury.. I was talking about the CTS-V... Buying a ZL1 today is probably a bad buy because of the GT500 being faster today with it's new model.. But a year ago it was not... And Mustang is not going in the pony car direction from what I read.. I hear they are going to embarass you guys by putting in a 4Banger Turbo in an a so called " Muscle Car".. Regardless I would not buy either one.. I was defending my 5 year old engine design that still kicks ass.. As far as im concerned all I care about is to have a street car that is daily driven, has navigation, a/c seats,rides as quiet as your grandparents buick, and can run 11.21 at the track is great to me!
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 444
Age : 35
Location : SOUTH FL
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 11:52 am

nosonyxcts-v wrote:

I hear they are going to embarass you guys by putting in a 4Banger Turbo in an a so called " Muscle Car"..

This comment from an engineering stand point is very stupid. There is a famous saying " no replacement for displacement " well technology is the replacement for displacement. A vehicle with a smaller displacement engine , and a power adder can in most cases make the same power and Tq as a larger displacement engine , while saving on gas , Emissions , and cutting down on cost. The end results is the same. Just because you have a big ass 6.2L does not mean you will out perform a smaller engine. And this is been proven many times .We all have ran into the 4 cylinder that puts a train on us.Its cool to nut swing on bigger engines , shit is cool to to say hey " i have a 800cui " and then get walked by a civic or some other tuna can. If done correctly a smaller engine can out perform a larger one. Ford did an amazing job with the Shelby and im sorry to say GM is falling behind in that battle VS the mustang. Cadillac is nothing but a glorified GM with pleather. I personally would rather own a Porsche, luxury and a true all around sports car.
Back to top Go down
kachup
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer


Number of posts : 596
Age : 27
Location : Austin Texas/ Miami Fl
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 1:58 pm

their nothing like a 2jz-gte 19 year old engine design that still is top 5 motors in the streets..
Back to top Go down
nosonyxcts-v
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 299
Location : SOUTH FLORIDA
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 4:47 pm

USMCWARVET wrote:
nosonyxcts-v wrote:

I hear they are going to embarass you guys by putting in a 4Banger Turbo in an a so called " Muscle Car"..

This comment from an engineering stand point is very stupid. There is a famous saying " no replacement for displacement " well technology is the replacement for displacement. A vehicle with a smaller displacement engine , and a power adder can in most cases make the same power and Tq as a larger displacement engine , while saving on gas , Emissions , and cutting down on cost. The end results is the same. Just because you have a big ass 6.2L does not mean you will out perform a smaller engine. And this is been proven many times .We all have ran into the 4 cylinder that puts a train on us.Its cool to nut swing on bigger engines , shit is cool to to say hey " i have a 800cui " and then get walked by a civic or some other tuna can. If done correctly a smaller engine can out perform a larger one. Ford did an amazing job with the Shelby and im sorry to say GM is falling behind in that battle VS the mustang. Cadillac is nothing but a glorified GM with pleather. I personally would rather own a Porsche, luxury and a true all around sports car.

It's all about opinions. I've owned Small displacement technology driven cars such as the e92 m3 and big v-8 like the c63. I went with the V to try something new. But the mustang claims to be a muscle car and the definition of a muscle car is big motor. So I feel it's a bad move for that model. Bring back another model like the probe to do that with. Regardless I agree the new gt500 is a stronger car than the zl1, but I would not buy either. I am also sorry to tell you but the V is not a glorified GM. Go inside one, take it for a drive, or better yet ask any camera guy who has ridden with me at 150 and able to have a normal conversation. I've owned almost every high end car and this one definitley competes with the best of them.
Back to top Go down
Lottsa boost
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 156
Age : 33
Location : ft.Lauderdale
Registration date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 5:30 pm

No mustang guy is gonna want to drive a 4 cylinder mustang. Fast or not. Shit don't even sound right
Back to top Go down
boostin b13
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer


Number of posts : 341
Age : 29
Location : ft Lauderdale/Thomson, ga
Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 6:21 pm

it doesn't matter cause it seems like chevy' s only race car is the vette and don't think Ford has anything for that
Back to top Go down
Ninjak

avatar

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 6:25 pm

SVO Look at the specs, 4 cyl turbo, and could be made to run during that time period. As far as a Vette go, FordGT may make its return in 2015, along with Ford building the GT350 now.

As Mustang moves into the global platform, nobody knows what will happen to the car overall. I would seriously doubt that they would not make the v8 anymore, and this will probably evolve into a twin turbo eco-boost variant. But considering the global market, it would be smart business for Ford to build a 4cyl eco-boost Mustang, considering also that the new Mustang will be smaller as well.

All in all the Mustang has always been a Muscle/Pony car, and I believe it will continue to be. It will just have many more options to choose from, but in the end,one of those options will be pure bad-ass muscle.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3512
Location : ON A STREET NEAR YOU
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 8:13 pm

boostin b13 wrote:
it doesn't matter cause it seems like chevy' s only race car is the vette and don't think Ford has anything for that
+1 Laughing thats why the vette cost more than a stang but i can also say stangs are a lot of fun i have had a couple lol!

_________________
   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'TS ONLY A 3.0 WITH A LITTLE TURBO  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]CRUSH HAS GOT YOU COVERED.....
Back to top Go down
boostin b13
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer


Number of posts : 341
Age : 29
Location : ft Lauderdale/Thomson, ga
Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 8:31 pm

Oh I had me a fox body and I loved it.
Back to top Go down
SFT_TUNED
Newbie
Newbie


Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 11th 2013, 9:29 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 28
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 12th 2013, 7:34 pm

nosonyxcts-v wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
Its not an argument at all, Chevy in 2013 did not hold a candle to Ford.
5.0 > SS
Shelby > ZL1
Focus ST > Cobalt SS
V6 stang > v6 maro

and as far as luxury, if its luxurious to look around in your brand new ZL1 and have 5 blind spots, know you purchased a slower car by FAR to its competitor, dont mind being slower with the same size wallet and ultimately being dominated in every category.....getting full bolt ons nitrous and race fuel and getting domlished by a bolt on GTR....
then yes by all means the ZL1 fits that person.



The Vette is in a completely different class then the Shelby and is no way nor has it ever been Mustangs competitor.

I never said the ZL1 was Luxury.. I was talking about the CTS-V... Buying a ZL1 today is probably a bad buy because of the GT500 being faster today with it's new model.. But a year ago it was not... And Mustang is not going in the pony car direction from what I read.. I hear they are going to embarass you guys by putting in a 4Banger Turbo in an a so called " Muscle Car".. Regardless I would not buy either one.. I was defending my 5 year old engine design that still kicks ass.. As far as im concerned all I care about is to have a street car that is daily driven, has navigation, a/c seats,rides as quiet as your grandparents buick, and can run 11.21 at the track is great to me!


Really? has ford put out that they're putting a 4cyl GT? OUT?!
please...if I recall your date with Ford wasnt so pleasing
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 28
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 12th 2013, 7:36 pm

nosonyxcts-v wrote:
USMCWARVET wrote:
nosonyxcts-v wrote:

I hear they are going to embarass you guys by putting in a 4Banger Turbo in an a so called " Muscle Car"..

This comment from an engineering stand point is very stupid. There is a famous saying " no replacement for displacement " well technology is the replacement for displacement. A vehicle with a smaller displacement engine , and a power adder can in most cases make the same power and Tq as a larger displacement engine , while saving on gas , Emissions , and cutting down on cost. The end results is the same. Just because you have a big ass 6.2L does not mean you will out perform a smaller engine. And this is been proven many times .We all have ran into the 4 cylinder that puts a train on us.Its cool to nut swing on bigger engines , shit is cool to to say hey " i have a 800cui " and then get walked by a civic or some other tuna can. If done correctly a smaller engine can out perform a larger one. Ford did an amazing job with the Shelby and im sorry to say GM is falling behind in that battle VS the mustang. Cadillac is nothing but a glorified GM with pleather. I personally would rather own a Porsche, luxury and a true all around sports car.

It's all about opinions. I've owned Small displacement technology driven cars such as the e92 m3 and big v-8 like the c63. I went with the V to try something new. But the mustang claims to be a muscle car and the definition of a muscle car is big motor. So I feel it's a bad move for that model. Bring back another model like the probe to do that with. Regardless I agree the new gt500 is a stronger car than the zl1, but I would not buy either. I am also sorry to tell you but the V is not a glorified GM. Go inside one, take it for a drive, or better yet ask any camera guy who has ridden with me at 150 and able to have a normal conversation. I've owned almost every high end car and this one definitley competes with the best of them.

Thats the definition of muscle car? really? dude go read a book Rolling Eyes

I have a fuckin base model GT me and loaf just did 150 yesterday and we had a normal conversation through out getting there....any new car can do that jokish task.

Is this GM's fight to Shelby ultimately dominating Chevy league for league? AND DIDNT HAVE TO BORROW MONEY TO DO IT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 28
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 12th 2013, 7:46 pm

Ford has made 4 cylinder turbos and Chevy thought about making the vette a TT V6
Ford will succeed anyway. Chevy has done the same fuckin thing since they started. that 5.7 is is all they know and personally the new LT1 they're making is fuckin retarded from my stand point in the tuner/racers eyes

All Chevy knows is that big cube small block, 200+degrees chilling, church dome runners and push rods.
its 2013, dont matter whats in a fuckin vette when 95% of the owners are still going 13s bone stock and 11s@130 with a h/c motor or spray.
and lets get realistic. 9s in a vette doesnt come with out breaking multiple times and 2 years after Ford did it in a week or 2.


It takes a new GT or Shelby a fuckin month to dive in the single digits.
in 2 more years we'll finally hear about a ZL1 or CTSV finally going 8s with a bigger motor turbo and nitrous.
new 5.0 turbo. 8s, factory AUTO

Chevy is no where to be found?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
nosonyxcts-v
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 299
Location : SOUTH FLORIDA
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 13th 2013, 9:35 am

V6Chris wrote:
nosonyxcts-v wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
Its not an argument at all, Chevy in 2013 did not hold a candle to Ford.
5.0 > SS
Shelby > ZL1
Focus ST > Cobalt SS
V6 stang > v6 maro

and as far as luxury, if its luxurious to look around in your brand new ZL1 and have 5 blind spots, know you purchased a slower car by FAR to its competitor, dont mind being slower with the same size wallet and ultimately being dominated in every category.....getting full bolt ons nitrous and race fuel and getting domlished by a bolt on GTR....
then yes by all means the ZL1 fits that person.



The Vette is in a completely different class then the Shelby and is no way nor has it ever been Mustangs competitor.

I never said the ZL1 was Luxury.. I was talking about the CTS-V... Buying a ZL1 today is probably a bad buy because of the GT500 being faster today with it's new model.. But a year ago it was not... And Mustang is not going in the pony car direction from what I read.. I hear they are going to embarass you guys by putting in a 4Banger Turbo in an a so called " Muscle Car".. Regardless I would not buy either one.. I was defending my 5 year old engine design that still kicks ass.. As far as im concerned all I care about is to have a street car that is daily driven, has navigation, a/c seats,rides as quiet as your grandparents buick, and can run 11.21 at the track is great to me!


Really? has ford put out that they're putting a 4cyl GT? OUT?!
please...if I recall your date with Ford wasnt so pleasing

What date are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
nosonyxcts-v
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 299
Location : SOUTH FLORIDA
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 13th 2013, 9:38 am

V6Chris wrote:
Ford has made 4 cylinder turbos and Chevy thought about making the vette a TT V6
Ford will succeed anyway. Chevy has done the same fuckin thing since they started. that 5.7 is is all they know and personally the new LT1 they're making is fuckin retarded from my stand point in the tuner/racers eyes

All Chevy knows is that big cube small block, 200+degrees chilling, church dome runners and push rods.
its 2013, dont matter whats in a fuckin vette when 95% of the owners are still going 13s bone stock and 11s@130 with a h/c motor or spray.
and lets get realistic. 9s in a vette doesnt come with out breaking multiple times and 2 years after Ford did it in a week or 2.


It takes a new GT or Shelby a fuckin month to dive in the single digits.
in 2 more years we'll finally hear about a ZL1 or CTSV finally going 8s with a bigger motor turbo and nitrous.
new 5.0 turbo. 8s, factory AUTO

Chevy is no where to be found?

I'm confused ? Where did you get my definition of a muscle car? I was stating what I look for in a car. Why are you getting upset? Can't you have a grown up discussion? No need to get defensive....
Back to top Go down
nosonyxcts-v
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 299
Location : SOUTH FLORIDA
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 13th 2013, 9:40 am

You may want to read this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 444
Age : 35
Location : SOUTH FL
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 13th 2013, 11:49 am

nosonyxcts-v wrote:
You may want to read this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i get this but that 4 cylinder ecoboost that they plan to stick in the NON GT Mustang has more HP / CI that a gen 2 small block Chevy which is where this definition "hot rod " came from. At this time engineers should not be concerned with increasing engine sizes. They are trying to perfect what they have by increasing volumetric efficiency. Like i said the market is straying away from large displacement engines for various reasons. Will it hurt the market ? not one bit. IF GM continue to stride for the " HOT ROD " mentality they will stay behind. All the car manufactures are doing the same. Take a look at Audis new " hybrid " q5 instead of using the electric motor for Green reasons , they are using it as a torque multiplier under the power curve where the small 2.0L does not make power. By doing this they have more power than a V6 and they maintain lower emissions, lower fuel economy, and still cater to the same exact market because there is no decrease in LBS/HP .
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 28
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 13th 2013, 5:42 pm

I dont need to google what a muscle car is, I build them everyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Erik@Torq



Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   January 21st 2013, 6:27 pm

Nomad wrote:
Well then maybe TORQ owners ZL1 for the rematch

I think you'll own me with traction haha. Maybe worth a try though!



nosonyxcts-v wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Well then maybe TORQ owners ZL1 for the rematch

I raced the Boss302. I beat him and u beat me. I need a rematch. LMK


Your car runs strong man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302   

Back to top Go down
 
Calling out Camaro ZL1 +125 shot & BOSS302
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Huge Bear Shot by Hunters
» Shot Shaping
» 1/2 Done 69 Camaro
» My '99 Camaro project
» 1999 Camaro 9 sec street/strip

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS :: RACING :: The Streets-
Jump to: