HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
peacockpirate
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 12:47 pm

Frank you got stock springs? Probably need some heavy dutty spring that way it don't bounce back and forth so much.
Back to top Go down
http://myfloridasrt.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 12:52 pm

Frank just needs to listen for once in his life
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 12:59 pm

peacockpirate wrote:
Frank you got stock springs? Probably need some heavy dutty spring that way it don't bounce back and forth so much.

No stock springs here! I got Ford Racing springs. Now You don't really want to stiffen up the rear to much, otherwise the weight transfer from the front to the back would be a mess and the car wont hook for shit then. I have too stiffen up the rear shocks a bit more and problem solved. (1.51 60ft so far) with it's current settings at shitty County Line.

Surprised
Back to top Go down
peacockpirate
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 1:14 pm

get it done then. no need for a stupid thing like springs to be holding you back.
Back to top Go down
http://myfloridasrt.com
dropcivic
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 2:45 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
peacockpirate wrote:

No stock springs here! I got Ford Racing springs. Now You don't really want to stiffen up the rear to much, otherwise the weight transfer from the front to the back would be a mess and the car wont hook for shit then. I have too stiffen up the rear shocks a bit more and problem solved. (1.51 60ft so far) with it's current settings at shitty County Line.

Surprised

You aint listening. You aint controlling the weight transfer, thats the big issue. Once the weight transfers to back you have to keep it there. You have to slow the front end down with either limiters or by the struts. Then you have to keep it back by not having you shocks too soft on the back that it bounces back to the front. Whats the spring rates and length on those springs? Just by changing you rear sturt settings aint gonna make it work, your front end is just as important. Next time at the track have somebody film the rear end on launch. You will be surprised what you can learn just from that video
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 3:06 pm

This is a real bouncing machine right here lol, and it still pulled a 9.2 at 147mph on a wheel stand. lol. I got what ur saying and i am working on it, It takes track time and i really don't have tha much time on my hands to play available lately! Next trip to the track i will advance 1+ on pressure and test tha out to see what happens. I do have Tokico-HP shocks in the front and the bouncing has stopped alot more than when i had the stock shocks.

Back to top Go down
NoPis10
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 3:18 pm

Frank.....
This Cobra Jet DOES NOT bounce nearly as much as yours does..... this one only squats during the shifts and then stays planted...in your videos, your Shelby is bouncing half way down the track.....

Once you sort it out you might get tha 9 sec pass....
Back to top Go down
dropcivic
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 3:25 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
This is a real bouncing machine right here lol, and it still pulled a 9.2 at 147mph on a wheel stand. lol. I got what ur saying and i am working on it, It takes track time and i really don't have tha much time on my hands to play available lately! Next trip to the track i will advance 1+ on pressure and test tha out to see what happens. I do have Tokico-HP shocks in the front and the bouncing has stopped alot more than when i had the stock shocks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That car doesnt bounce.....And take out those tokico shocks, they are junk. Put some real shocks in there like stange or Santhruff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 3:28 pm

Gotcha! This cobra jet also weights as little as 3,300lbs too with over 1000whp
with a price tag of $100,000 for it.

lol Good shit! i will prove you all wrong in few days by coming back in here with a 9sec time slip with the same suspension settings my car has now.

Cool

Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 3:49 pm

popcorn

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'TS ONLY A 3.0 WITH A LITTLE TURBO  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]CRUSH HAS GOT YOU COVERED.....
Back to top Go down
dropcivic
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 3:50 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
Gotcha! This cobra jet also weights as little as 3,300lbs too with over 1000whp
with a price tag of $100,000 for it.

lol Good shit! i will prove you all wrong in few days by coming back in here with a 9sec time slip with the same suspension settings my car has now.

Cool

God you are dense, just cause you have a 9 second slip doesnt mean your suspension is working right.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 9:09 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
peacockpirate wrote:

Surprised

huh funny, Our shops 7second x275 car is stiff as hell in the rear and manages a lousy 1.1X 60ft....the Saleen also stiff in the rear 1.37 60fts...

Frank you want the rear stiff and the front to come up, from there you tighten the front til it stops hooking.
a stiff rear will stop the bouncing, if your front lifts thats enough to tranfer the weight.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   November 26th 2012, 9:11 pm

btw the Saleen has tokico's on all 4 corners and cuts a 1.3X 60ft consistent...
Tokico D spec adjustables
Thats all i have in the rear of my car with stock fronts, mostly because I use mine on the street more then anything

your car MIGHT go 9s as is but doesnt mean it cannot drastically improve Frank. You have 30people with knowledge telling you your suspension is setup like shit.
you honestly think you who has never really even fucked with it knows?

letting the rear dip and stay soft kills 60fts and will cause bouncing like your car Frank, I'am almost convinced you have hydro's and plan on making that thing a low rider
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...   

Back to top Go down

Calling out all GTR's At County Line Dragway Friday Nov 23rd...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4