HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Twin turbo 350z vs gt500

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 12:25 am

I was on my way home from the biz speed car meet one night and ran into a TT 350z. I was hesitant at first seeing that I had a full car. I usually wouldn't do it since I'm all responsible and stuff. But they all agreed that it'll be ok so we whipped out the iPhone and started recording. This was the outcome

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bambinov8
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 9:58 am

What's done to the GT500 ? Pulley only ? I think I raced ya last year when my car was a pulley only car with supp mods
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 10:03 am

If it was the same night I raced that red c5 z06 I was only running an intake and tune. I've changed ALOT since then. Im just over 600 with the stock supercharger.
Back to top Go down
Rhino350z



Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 10:06 am

Beaubear wrote:
I was on my way home from the biz speed car meet one night and ran into a TT 350z. I was hesitant at first seeing that I had a full car. I usually wouldn't do it since I'm all responsible and stuff. But they all agreed that it'll be ok so we whipped out the iPhone and started recording. This was the outcome

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Damn, cars moving especially for having all that extra weight! I've always wanted to run a turbo Z but haven't had a chance.. For reference, how do u do against the new 5.0 mustangs?
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 10:25 am

Damn, cars moving especially for having all that extra weight! I've always wanted to run a turbo Z but haven't had a chance.. For reference, how do u do against the new 5.0 mustangs?[/quote]

I honestly didn't run one yet. I haven't been to the track in awhile.
Back to top Go down
bambinov8
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 10:57 am

Beaubear wrote:
If it was the same night I raced that red c5 z06 I was only running an intake and tune. I've changed ALOT since then. Im just over 600 with the stock supercharger.
yea that was me lol ... Good stuff man .. now time for a 150 shot and u will be flying !
Back to top Go down
Rhino350z



Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 11:01 am

Beaubear wrote:
Damn, cars moving especially for having all that extra weight! I've always wanted to run a turbo Z but haven't had a chance.. For reference, how do u do against the new 5.0 mustangs?

I honestly didn't run one yet. I haven't been to the track in awhile. [/quote]

It probably wouldn't even be fair. Ur cars making way more than I expected.. Car's no slouch
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 11:07 am

Naw man, bottles are for babies. I'm working on a compound boost setup hence me not upgrading the supercharger yet. TT GT500. And thanks rhino350z. If I ever run one I'll try and record it
Back to top Go down
kachup
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer


Number of posts : 596
Age : 26
Location : Austin Texas/ Miami Fl
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 2:46 pm

your over 600 with no nitrous scratch smells fishy
Back to top Go down
fatboyyyy
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 394
Age : 23
Registration date : 2011-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 2:57 pm

kachup wrote:
your over 600 with no nitrous scratch smells fishy

im pretty sure it can be done with full bolt ons and a ported blower on that model shelby, not 100%sure though
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 5:59 pm

kachup wrote:
your over 600 with no nitrous scratch smells fishy

The only thing smelly fishy is your girl. If you do a car up right and not rush it for cheap hp like a young kid state of mind (nitrous), you can at least get some decent hp. Since I barely race I'll tell you how I got over 6. Full 3in bassani exhaust, ported and polished throttle body, dual fan afco heat exchanger, intake, tune, pulley and last but not least a carbon fiber one piece driveshaft. I have other mods but nothing that pertains with me gaining HP.
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 444
Age : 35
Location : SOUTH FL
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 6:18 pm

Beaubear wrote:
kachup wrote:


your over 600 with no nitrous scratch smells fishy

last but not least a carbon fiber one piece driveshaft. I have other mods but nothing that pertains with me gaining HP.

Suspect explain to me how you will loose or gain HP by going to a lighter or heavier drive shaft ? scratch

This should be good.

and this " The only thing smelly fishy is your girl. If you do a car up right and not rush it for cheap hp like a young kid state of mind (nitrous)"

so you are calling this guy a kid right , he sprays the shit out this car

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wtf i dont mean to offend you but it seems you no idea WTF is going on.
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 6:30 pm

My body style gt500 came with a heavy ass TWO piece drive shaft. When you make it lighter and stronger by making it into a one piece it spins faster causing it free up more hp that can travel to your wheels. Interesting enough? Don't come at me dood. It looks like your quick to jump the gun. All I'm saying is that some people care enough about a car not to spray. Hell if I didn't drive a $50,000 and drove an old as 5.0 I might consider playing with a little spray.
Back to top Go down
bambinov8
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 6:43 pm

Beaubear wrote:
My body style gt500 came with a heavy ass TWO piece drive shaft. When you make it lighter and stronger by making it into a one piece it spins faster causing it free up more hp that can travel to your wheels. Interesting enough? Don't come at me dood. It looks like your quick to jump the gun. All I'm saying is that some people care enough about a car not to spray. Hell if I didn't drive a $50,000 and drove an old as 5.0 I might consider playing with a little spray.
Bro relax a lil bit , soon u will have V6 Chris chiming in and he will give u a cardiac arrest lol! I believe your numbers cuz I know shelbys well ... U do need a ported eaton to make 600whp + ... A basic pulley + full bolts ons will get you to 565-570whp .. I contribute for a lil help [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 6:54 pm

Lol dood I'm writing this with a smirk on my face. This a forum I know. Without beef I'm a vegetarian and that's detrimental to my health. Thanks for the support though. What they don't won't will hurt them.
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 444
Age : 35
Location : SOUTH FL
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 7:07 pm

Beaubear wrote:
My body style gt500 came with a heavy ass TWO piece drive shaft. When you make it lighter and stronger by making it into a one piece it spins faster causing it free up more hp that can travel to your wheels. Interesting enough? Don't come at me dood. It looks like your quick to jump the gun. All I'm saying is that some people care enough about a car not to spray. Hell if I didn't drive a $50,000 and drove an old as 5.0 I might consider playing with a little spray.

No one is coming at you "dood" , i could care less if that sled made 900000hp .Its pretty simple there Dominic Toretto, does your drive shaft absorb heat robbing you of hp? friction is what is the main cause of Hp loss in the drive train. what you are gaining is maybe a better accelerating motor to climb up the RPM faster freeing up what was already there. So gain = 0 HP .Show me some data that its beneficial to dump $1200 to free up some rotating mass.Now if were talking about Stock car racing were every ounce counts then i will agree with you. Stop reading CARCRAFT magazines at publix.


here is a good read for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bambinov8
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 7:15 pm

For the beginners it all comes down to the fact that allows a 1000 RPM increase in the engine speed and gives the engine a chance to work at its' power peak.
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 7:25 pm

I've never once said I'll gain any hp. I said free up hp. I'm just seeing an overall loss from the crank to wheel. If you got the money why not spend it. Obviously I know how to balance finances to spend money on a part that you see non beneficial. I see it as a "mother****** wish he could afford it" part. I know I'm quick to get out of line like I have to pee, but I don't care. Next time you sweat me this hard at least give me a powerade.
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 444
Age : 35
Location : SOUTH FL
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 7:32 pm

Beaubear wrote:

I've never once said I'll gain any hp. I said free up hp. I'm just seeing an overall loss from the crank to wheel. If you got the money why not spend it. Obviously I know how to balance finances to spend money on a part that you see non beneficial. I see it as a "mother****** wish he could afford it" part. I know I'm quick to get out of line like I have to pee, but I don't care. Next time you sweat me this hard at least give me a powerade.


The only thing smelly fishy is your girl. If you do a car up right and not rush it for cheap hp like a young kid state of mind (nitrous), you can at least get some decent hp. Since I barely race I'll tell you how I got over 6. Full 3in bassani exhaust, ported and polished throttle body, dual fan afco heat exchanger, intake, tune, pulley and last but not least a carbon fiber one piece driveshaft. I have other mods but nothing that pertains with me gaining HP.


lol! that Powerade comment was pretty funny


Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 7:38 pm

Damn I was hoping I didn't say anything about gaining hp but you know what I mean. Driveshaft = seeing more numbers to the rear wheels in my case. Not to the engine. I think I said it right.
Back to top Go down
bambinov8
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 7:41 pm

USMCWARVET wrote:
Beaubear wrote:

I've never once said I'll gain any hp. I said free up hp. I'm just seeing an overall loss from the crank to wheel. If you got the money why not spend it. Obviously I know how to balance finances to spend money on a part that you see non beneficial. I see it as a "mother****** wish he could afford it" part. I know I'm quick to get out of line like I have to pee, but I don't care. Next time you sweat me this hard at least give me a powerade.


The only thing smelly fishy is your girl. If you do a car up right and not rush it for cheap hp like a young kid state of mind (nitrous), you can at least get some decent hp. Since I barely race I'll tell you how I got over 6. Full 3in bassani exhaust, ported and polished throttle body, dual fan afco heat exchanger, intake, tune, pulley and last but not least a carbon fiber one piece driveshaft. I have other mods but nothing that pertains with me gaining HP.


lol! that Powerade comment was pretty funny


lol! lol! lol! i must agree
Back to top Go down
BrokenCool
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 7:56 pm

I call BS..ur not makin 600 on a unported blower even with ur 1 piece driveshaft Jerkit2

If ur feelin confident we can do ur 50 roll with my slow gt500 using a stock driveshaft
Back to top Go down
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 8:07 pm

Oh gosh, another one. I don't intentionally go out and race. But list your mods sir if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 28
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 8:08 pm

can no one tell that is obviously Frank?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Beaubear
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   August 1st 2012, 8:23 pm

Ahh the infamous v6 Chris
I wrote a little poem in anticipation of my thread visit
You don't know me and don't know my limits
So go back to whatever you were doing and hop of my dick

Entitled: I'll whoop dat ass
Written by Beau'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Twin turbo 350z vs gt500   

Back to top Go down
 
Twin turbo 350z vs gt500
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Twin turbo with log manifolds
» e36 BMW + twin turbo =?
» nissan 300zx twin turbo in the 944
» 87 Mustang Twin Turbo 2500HP 7 sec Ride!!!
» Twin Turbo LT

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS :: RACING :: The Streets-
Jump to: