AuthorMessage
FRC

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 2:30 pm

V6Chris wrote:
2yayc wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
if there is one thing I have learned in the past, is that something can be said a thousand times, til its done themselves and they're in that place they wont know.

theres a thousand ways to build a 2j, look around and see whose doing it best

Who would you say does it the best? That's completely objective, haha. Along with peoples budgets.

It is, I agree 100%.
on the street and track, and what has convinced me is clear and obvious IMO.
theres a lot of ways to try everything and find out what works best. I only believe in what I have seen work. From what I've learned personally that the forums are never the right place to find out how to go fast or youtube. Trial and error and actually doing it is the only truth to racing

WRONG!!!
Just ask Frank. Youtube and the forums is where you get the most thorough and honest information to go fast! Frank is right, You don't know anything.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 2:44 pm

FRC wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
2yayc wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
if there is one thing I have learned in the past, is that something can be said a thousand times, til its done themselves and they're in that place they wont know.

theres a thousand ways to build a 2j, look around and see whose doing it best

Who would you say does it the best? That's completely objective, haha. Along with peoples budgets.

It is, I agree 100%.
on the street and track, and what has convinced me is clear and obvious IMO.
theres a lot of ways to try everything and find out what works best. I only believe in what I have seen work. From what I've learned personally that the forums are never the right place to find out how to go fast or youtube. Trial and error and actually doing it is the only truth to racing

WRONG!!!
Just ask Frank. Youtube and the forums is where you get the most thorough and honest information to go fast! Frank is right, You don't know anything.

lol!
Frank knows he's been accused of this and still does it. Cant tell everyone but someone actually said it best,
sfadchi wrote:
Often imitated, but never replicated!

Just cause Titans motor or Big daddy has a XX size turbo and this built motor, if customer A buys the same motor themself and turbo and tries it out, doesnt mean they'll be side by side
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 5:21 pm

2yayc wrote:
USMCWARVET wrote:
I have never seen a manifold move the power band anywhere , the only main reason you may see a decrease in power or spool in the 2jzgte is because you are slowing down intake air velocities with larger shorter runners ( aftermarket manifolds ) . At 800+whp the intake manifold VOLUME size is the issue not the intake itself. Your car might be coming on sooner but this can be to other factors as timing , afr , etc. Again i have yet to see a 2jzgte benefit from +1mm valves at anything under 1000whp. Its been proven many times on Supra Forums and from my own personal experience.

The amount of money you spend its just not worth it. Like Joel Said $4K in a head is serious money to only gain some up hp. Now if i was competing in some drag racing league , were every little hp counts than yes go for it.

We had 2 6766 cars here, both stock head, and the one with the Virtual Works intake came on like 600rpm later and picked up like 10whp up top..

so basically you just proved my point
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 5:46 pm

Intake runner velocity decreased because of SHORTER/BIGGER runners thus making the engines volumetric inefficiency at lower RPM low( pumping forces are lower ). BMW, Audi , MB use this logic in their variable runner intake manifolds. If you got the same 2 cars and increased their volumetric efficiency or some how increasing intake air speed you would have not lost any rpm or spool. This is not new its been proven since the 50's !!

do the same test add +1mm valves to the same car with the manifold and it will be even worse at lower RPMS.

I will break it down grunt style. Suck air through a coffee straw , how fast does the air come in ? fast right , Now do the exact same thing through a 5" pipe and see how much slower the air speed is as it enters.

The forums are full of dip shits that dont know shit from apple butter , guys copy everything and then come back with failed results. Big Daddy and Tittan have not re invented the wheel , they use the knowledge they learned from the old school days , with that being said what we are talking about here has been proven since the 50's i didn't make this shit up. So go ahead and buy a 2500 manifold and spend 4k on a head to make the car a pig out of the whole and having to compensate with a 10000 shot of nitrous.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 5:54 pm

lol @ only spraying 10,000....this dudes still on that basic kit.

til people learn and truly understand a cylinder head, volume efficiency, pressure etc... the art of speed will remain in my heads only....and who ever else has any idea about it lol
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 6:08 pm

V6Chris wrote:

til people learn and truly understand a cylinder head, volume efficiency, pressure etc... the art of speed will remain in my heads only....and who ever else has any idea about it lol

Chris i can assure you that what ever "you " do to your heads is available on a simple Google search. This is not rocket science , if you think you can make a head flow better than a CNC machine then my friend you are living in the stone age. I will agree that porting heads is a work of ART and there are few people left in the business that actually do it by hand and put out a decent product. People that fail to learn the simple dynamics of the internal combustion engine will continue to dump money into to cars for no reason. Its like the long time argument that a 4 cylinder could produce more power than an 8 cylinder engine.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 6:20 pm

USMCWARVET wrote:
V6Chris wrote:

Chris i can assure you that what ever "you " do to your heads is available on a simple Google search. This is not rocket science , if you think you can make a head flow better than a CNC machine then my friend you are living in the stone age. I will agree that porting heads is a work of ART and there are few people left in the business that actually do it by hand and put out a decent product. People that fail to learn the simple dynamics of the internal combustion engine will continue to dump money into to cars for no reason. Its like the long time argument that a 4 cylinder could produce more power than an 8 cylinder engine.

I thank you for your attempt with the google joke. I have no need to argue back about it...what i said was more a joke, anyone with basic knowledge IMO can figure it out obviously not just me...I'm 23 growing in this, not 23 years into it lol. I've actually been porting for about 6years now, its not at all a google search. I've taken A LOT of my work to a flow bench to test.
AND I DO BELIEVE A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN port better then a CNC machine....while thats a completely different arguement to a point i do highly agree with you on that.
The fastest car in the shop as a set of untouched CNC heads and he ports heads himself, and its one of the fastest in his class.
I've spent a lot of time over the years honestly wasting time porting some area's that never made a difference.

as far as the most equal flow, you cannot beat CNC and its generally the best way. I've spent hours on heads to get each cylinder to flow evenly and no matter that you cant touch that CNC machine. BUT flow test proven, you can improve CNC heads slightly. I've ported CNC trick flow heads for a 2v and while the increase was small, and IMO a complete waste of time to port, there was a slight gain in flow.

regardless, there are many tricks and things to do when porting a head depending on the customers application.
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 6:23 pm

V6Chris wrote:
USMCWARVET wrote:
V6Chris wrote:

I thank you for your attempt with the google joke. I have no need to argue back about it...what i said was more a joke, anyone with basic knowledge IMO can figure it out obviously not just me...I'm 23 growing in this, not 23 years into it lol. I've actually been porting for about 6years now, its not at all a google search. I've taken A LOT of my work to a flow bench to test.
AND I DO BELIEVE A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN port better then a CNC machine....while thats a completely different arguement to a point i do highly agree with you on that.
The fastest car in the shop as a set of untouched CNC heads and he ports heads himself, and its one of the fastest in his class.
I've spent a lot of time over the years honestly wasting time porting some area's that never made a difference.

as far as the most equal flow, you cannot beat CNC and its generally the best way. I've spent hours on heads to get each cylinder to flow evenly and no matter that you cant touch that CNC machine. BUT flow test proven, you can improve CNC heads slightly. I've ported CNC trick flow heads for a 2v and while the increase was small, and IMO a complete waste of time to port, there was a slight gain in flow.

regardless, there are many tricks and things to do when porting a head depending on the customers application.

100% agree with you.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 6:34 pm

perfect, now i just gotta convince you into doing digs and you'll be part of the plague lol
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 6:39 pm

V6Chris wrote:
perfect, now i just gotta convince you into doing digs and you'll be part of the plague lol

i will , i got something in the works hopefully it should be done by the end of this month. Then we can do some digs on the track or on the street.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   

Back to top Go down

Fun run between coworkers (video)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3