2yayc
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 3:10 am

BABY CRUSH wrote:
good run love those supras Cool that gtx 4202r is a good choice Wink

Haha, it hits way harder than my Precision GT42-76 ever did. Can't wait to see your monster out dude.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3512
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 10:34 am

2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:

Haha, it hits way harder than my Precision GT42-76 ever did. Can't wait to see your monster out dude.
almost there i can see a light in the end of the tunnel lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'TS ONLY A 3.0 WITH A LITTLE TURBO  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]CRUSH HAS GOT YOU COVERED.....
Back to top Go down
alberth@ad-turbo.com
Professional Street Racer

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 1:35 pm

That video its questionable. The car has a good launch. And it goes 175 but it only runs 8.9 something dosent match
Back to top Go down
http://AD-TURBO.COM
bambinov8

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That video its questionable. The car has a good launch. And it goes 175 but it only runs 8.9 something dosent match
yea is a bit off ... Should've gone mid to low 8s at least .. something like Steve TT LSX street car for example

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 2:22 pm

bambinov8 wrote:
yea is a bit off ... Should've gone mid to low 8s at least .. something like Steve TT LSX street car for example

affraid wow now thats a car....... Great video props to TRC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'TS ONLY A 3.0 WITH A LITTLE TURBO  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]CRUSH HAS GOT YOU COVERED.....
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 2:29 pm

thats cuz frank was driving ;-D lol
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 2:33 pm

gsr interga wrote:
thats cuz frank was driving ;-D lol
no if Frank was driving it would go 11's lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
bambinov8

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   July 28th 2012, 2:36 pm

BABY CRUSH wrote:
bambinov8 wrote:

affraid wow now thats a car....... Great video props to TRC
car is full interior and a drag radial too lol
Back to top Go down
2yayc
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 3rd 2012, 8:24 pm

BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:

What cams/internals/compression did you end up going with?

I can't wait to build a 10:1 2jz
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 4th 2012, 12:37 am

2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:

thats what is going in my car 10:1 CP with carillos .

Back to top Go down
2yayc
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 4th 2012, 1:17 am

I am jealous.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 10th 2012, 4:34 pm

2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:

nothing to crazy bc 272 cams and springs,wiseco pistons upgraded pins, Carillo rods,9:1 compression,port and polished head 1mm over ss valves and bronze guides,acl bearings

Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 10th 2012, 4:41 pm

Gsc s2 ftw
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 9:46 am

BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:

nothing to crazy bc 272 cams and springs,wiseco pistons upgraded pins, Carillo rods,9:1 compression,port and polished head 1mm over ss valves and bronze guides,acl bearings

Joel what made you do +1 valves and port the head ? i have seen 2 of my friends cars go from stock to fully built head and the power moved to far to the right for my liking ( these cars are under 1000whp ) they did make a little more power on top with less boost .I guess the $$$ / HP is not worth it unless you are above 1200++ whp .

Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 9:48 am

[quote="gsr interga"]Gsc s2 ftw [/quote
YOU DONT HAVE THEM CHEAP ASS NIGGA lol! lol! lol! JK

Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 9:52 am

USMCWARVET wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:

Joel what made you do +1 valves and port the head ? i have seen 2 of my friends cars go from stock to fully built head and the power moved to far to the right for my liking ( these cars are under 1000whp ) they did make a little more power on top with less boost .I guess the $$$ / HP is not worth it unless you are above 1200++ whp .

TO MAKE 1000WHP WITH AN AUTO I SHOULD BE AT ABOUT 1200 CRANK. I LIKE TOP END RUNS THATS WHERE THE BIGGER VALVES AND PORT COME IN BUT YES ITS PRICEY I GOT 4K IN MY HEAD ALONE I ALSO HAVE BILLET CUSTOM SHIMLESS BUCKETS

Back to top Go down
2yayc
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 11:24 am

USMCWARVET wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:
2yayc wrote:
BABY CRUSH wrote:

I have +1mm valves and a ported head and honestly, my 76 still comes up fast. The intake manifolds are what moves the powerband to the right a LOT. I'll probably never go to an aftermarket intake manifold.
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 11:43 am

I have never seen a manifold move the power band anywhere , the only main reason you may see a decrease in power or spool in the 2jzgte is because you are slowing down intake air velocities with larger shorter runners ( aftermarket manifolds ) . At 800+whp the intake manifold VOLUME size is the issue not the intake itself. Your car might be coming on sooner but this can be to other factors as timing , afr , etc. Again i have yet to see a 2jzgte benefit from +1mm valves at anything under 1000whp. Its been proven many times on Supra Forums and from my own personal experience.

The amount of money you spend its just not worth it. Like Joel Said $4K in a head is serious money to only gain some up hp. Now if i was competing in some drag racing league , were every little hp counts than yes go for it.
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 12:30 pm

Aftermarket intake manifold will help u make power pass 8 K
Back to top Go down
2yayc
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 12:34 pm

USMCWARVET wrote:
I have never seen a manifold move the power band anywhere , the only main reason you may see a decrease in power or spool in the 2jzgte is because you are slowing down intake air velocities with larger shorter runners ( aftermarket manifolds ) . At 800+whp the intake manifold VOLUME size is the issue not the intake itself. Your car might be coming on sooner but this can be to other factors as timing , afr , etc. Again i have yet to see a 2jzgte benefit from +1mm valves at anything under 1000whp. Its been proven many times on Supra Forums and from my own personal experience.

The amount of money you spend its just not worth it. Like Joel Said $4K in a head is serious money to only gain some up hp. Now if i was competing in some drag racing league , were every little hp counts than yes go for it.

We had 2 6766 cars here, both stock head, and the one with the Virtual Works intake came on like 600rpm later and picked up like 10whp up top..
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 12:35 pm

if there is one thing I have learned in the past, is that something can be said a thousand times, til its done themselves and they're in that place they wont know.

theres a thousand ways to build a 2j, look around and see whose doing it best
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
alberth@ad-turbo.com

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 12:57 pm

V6Chris wrote:
if there is one thing I have learned in the past, is that something can be said a thousand times, til its done themselves and they're in that place they wont know.

agree
Back to top Go down
http://AD-TURBO.COM
2yayc
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 1:43 pm

V6Chris wrote:

Who would you say does it the best? That's completely objective, haha. Along with peoples budgets.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   August 11th 2012, 2:26 pm

2yayc wrote:
V6Chris wrote:

Who would you say does it the best? That's completely objective, haha. Along with peoples budgets.

It is, I agree 100%.
on the street and track, and what has convinced me is clear and obvious IMO.
theres a lot of ways to try everything and find out what works best. I only believe in what I have seen work. From what I've learned personally that the forums are never the right place to find out how to go fast or youtube. Trial and error and actually doing it is the only truth to racing
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun run between coworkers (video)   

Back to top Go down

Fun run between coworkers (video)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next