HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Project

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: New Project    October 27th 2010, 11:59 am

Just bought me an 88 mustang coupe still dont know what heart to go with im thinking on only 2 of the best motors to go with 2jz or terminator im open for opinions affraid

Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 375
Location : lemuria
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 27th 2010, 3:47 pm

depends, if you get the terminator will you just keep the eaton or upgrade to something else? But I am partial to the terminator so I would say get the terminator and get the hellion hellraiser twin turbo kit kit and make 1000 to the tires easily all day long with the compound boost.
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 27th 2010, 6:22 pm

schadenfreude wrote:
depends, if you get the terminator will you just keep the eaton or upgrade to something else? But I am partial to the terminator so I would say get the terminator and get the hellion hellraiser twin turbo kit kit and make 1000 to the tires easily all day long with the compound boost.

im also more to the terminator side but im not shooting for 1000 more like 700-800 whp remember the car with motor will be at 2500 pounds the most ..so dont need that crazy power..
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 27th 2010, 6:43 pm

lol welll welll Luis welcome to the dark side
you already know my opinions on this and who to go with!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Eifelrennen
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 27th 2010, 7:13 pm

Carbed LSx and lots of spray. Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING


Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 27th 2010, 9:59 pm

K20 on boost
Back to top Go down
pingaloca25
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 206
Location : Hialeah
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 28th 2010, 12:01 am

termi motor with 3.4 whipple at 2500lbs...more than enough
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 375
Location : lemuria
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 28th 2010, 12:10 am

no, I would rather go for extreme. Do the compund boosted terminator!
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 28th 2010, 10:23 am

Eifelrennen wrote:
Carbed LSx and lots of spray. Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.

i want back to back races dont wanna be running out of nitrous so i will go blower(terminator) or turbo(2jz)..
Back to top Go down
b18chatch06
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 501
Age : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 28th 2010, 11:10 am

BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
Eifelrennen wrote:
Carbed LSx and lots of spray. Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.

i want back to back races dont wanna be running out of nitrous so i will go blower(terminator) or turbo(2jz)..

turbo lsx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eifelrennen
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 28th 2010, 9:18 pm

b18chatch06 wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
Eifelrennen wrote:
Carbed LSx and lots of spray. Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.

i want back to back races dont wanna be running out of nitrous so i will go blower(terminator) or turbo(2jz)..

turbo lsx Very Happy

he'll certainly have the space. what happened to the C6? didn't you have a single turbo setup on that?
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 28th 2010, 10:41 pm

a turbo LSX would be disgusting fast, but thats a lot of paper
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1588
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 29th 2010, 2:59 am

BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
schadenfreude wrote:
depends, if you get the terminator will you just keep the eaton or upgrade to something else? But I am partial to the terminator so I would say get the terminator and get the hellion hellraiser twin turbo kit kit and make 1000 to the tires easily all day long with the compound boost.

im also more to the terminator side but im not shooting for 1000 more like 700-800 whp remember the car with motor will be at 2500 pounds the most ..so dont need that crazy power..



2jz all u need is cams... turbo fuel... ecu and u got a 700hp 2jz
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 29th 2010, 8:00 am

Eifelrennen wrote:
b18chatch06 wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
Eifelrennen wrote:
Carbed LSx and lots of spray. Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.

i want back to back races dont wanna be running out of nitrous so i will go blower(terminator) or turbo(2jz)..

turbo lsx Very Happy

he'll certainly have the space. what happened to the C6? didn't you have a single turbo setup on that?

Sold have a z06 noow
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 29th 2010, 8:05 am

V6Chris wrote:
a turbo LSX would be disgusting fast, but thats a lot of paper

the lsx is the iron block if im not mistaken scratch and its a 454 ??and how much paper are we talking about?
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
avatar

Number of posts : 5188
Age : 29
Location : In front of you
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 29th 2010, 12:35 pm

BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
a turbo LSX would be disgusting fast, but thats a lot of paper

the lsx is the iron block if im not mistaken scratch and its a 454 ??and how much paper are we talking about?
To much bro, it'd be double the cost of a termi or 2jz motor easily

those 2 motors are honestly the best platform for the price with out tearing into the motor and building it.
If you do go with a termi, think about what you want with the car. You want it for the street back to back runs, just remember heat soak, and nitrous and s/c just makes it harder to hook
If you turbo the termi motor and go compound boost, I've seen guys make over 1000whp on the stock block. you dont need all that power like you said but with 800whp you'd be safe for a while.
Still I'd say turbo and nitrous. Or if you wana run just boost only, pick out a nice turbo setup.
IMO i'd go with a single turbo GT42. real nice for the power you want, or even a 72mm if you wana spool quicker. you dont need cams, or none of that for that motor. just the turbo kit.

If you go 2j then mostly similar platform.

Also gotta think if you wana go auto or manual. let me know if you need help with anything bro, always enjoy seeing projects like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 29th 2010, 1:24 pm

V6Chris wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
a turbo LSX would be disgusting fast, but thats a lot of paper

the lsx is the iron block if im not mistaken scratch and its a 454 ??and how much paper are we talking about?
To much bro, it'd be double the cost of a termi or 2jz motor easily

those 2 motors are honestly the best platform for the price with out tearing into the motor and building it.
If you do go with a termi, think about what you want with the car. You want it for the street back to back runs, just remember heat soak, and nitrous and s/c just makes it harder to hook
If you turbo the termi motor and go compound boost, I've seen guys make over 1000whp on the stock block. you dont need all that power like you said but with 800whp you'd be safe for a while.
Still I'd say turbo and nitrous. Or if you wana run just boost only, pick out a nice turbo setup.
IMO i'd go with a single turbo GT42. real nice for the power you want, or even a 72mm if you wana spool quicker. you dont need cams, or none of that for that motor. just the turbo kit.

If you go 2j then mostly similar platform.

Also gotta think if you wana go auto or manual. let me know if you need help with anything bro, always enjoy seeing projects like this.

thanks alot brother i want a street and sort of track car something i can dig and roll thats why i want to stay stick ..but i know what u mean about the termi on the coupe to make it hook will take some work and $..
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 29th 2010, 7:17 pm

alright i've made my choice im going rice(2jz)after looking at prices the most affordable way will be 2J even though i like the termi better but it'll still do the job..
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 2395
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: New Project    October 29th 2010, 7:29 pm

Nice nice, if I built a car it was gonna be a 2jz notch....
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    November 8th 2010, 12:17 pm

black mamba send me a pm so you can check my car out, im only at 18 psi small whipple and made 618 to the tire on e85 with a c4, im bumping the boost to 20 psi and adding 100shot to start and see what the car does, should be into the 5s in the 1/8 mile, i went 6.6 on footbrake with a 1.59 sixty foot, car should go 6.2 or even better with this weather as it sits.

edit, i just saw a fox body with a STOCK terminator motor turbo 76mm going 5.4s @ 128mph.


Last edited by 03eatoncobra on November 8th 2010, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    November 8th 2010, 12:20 pm

BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
alright i've made my choice im going rice(2jz)after looking at prices the most affordable way will be 2J even though i like the termi better but it'll still do the job..
not a bad choice but a 2jz is not cheaper than a terminator, i paid 8k for my swap (stock motor, whipple 2.3, injectors, fuel rails, built t56 26 spline with clutch, complete harness with computer) if you get a 2jz for 2 grand remember you have to build a turbo kit, get a AEM, get injectors, and buy a tranny so it really adds up.
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    November 8th 2010, 3:48 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
alright i've made my choice im going rice(2jz)after looking at prices the most affordable way will be 2J even though i like the termi better but it'll still do the job..
not a bad choice but a 2jz is not cheaper than a terminator, i paid 8k for my swap (stock motor, whipple 2.3, injectors, fuel rails, built t56 26 spline with clutch, complete harness with computer) if you get a 2jz for 2 grand remember you have to build a turbo kit, get a AEM, get injectors, and buy a tranny so it really adds up.

i got u bro i apreciate u trying to help but finding a legit terminator its a hassle and alot more $ than the 2j ..so thats what made me go on that route however if u know of any termi legit not so hefty lmk..Btw i heard ur coupe is sick congrats.!
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3512
Location : ON A STREET NEAR YOU
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    November 17th 2010, 9:01 am

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUILD LUIS. WE STILL HAVE A RACE PENDING lol!

_________________
   Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool I'TS ONLY A 3.0 WITH A LITTLE TURBO  Cool  Cool  Cool  CoolCRUSH HAS GOT YOU COVERED.....
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1749
Location : M.i.Ya.Yo.
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Project    December 17th 2010, 1:08 pm

well ppl made some progress but a 08 shelby gt 500 motor..
Back to top Go down
95RioRedCobra
Professional Street Racer
Professional Street Racer
avatar

Number of posts : 339
Age : 38
Location : Davie, FL
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Project    December 17th 2010, 2:15 pm

That's a beast of an engine, but 725ish whp is really the cap for those engines unless you do rods & pistons then your good to go for whatever you decide to throw at her. I have a customer with a 2008 GT500 Whipple 2.9 @ 21#s making 728whp/704tq and it's a nasty bitch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.revolution-performance.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Project    

Back to top Go down
 
New Project
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Project Peenemünde!
» Project 45 For Sale
» Cheap go kart project
» Another project to add to the list.
» weekend project

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS :: MEMBERS :: Members Rides-
Jump to: